Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dying/Crying/Blogging

Sunday, upon waking from a night of adventure and fun I came to the realization that I was deathly ill. Some would have had me convinced that I just had a hangover, but I knew that was not the case. I was convinced I had one of the following: Meningitis, Dengue Fever, The Bubonic Plague, or a combination of all three. I tried to ride it out with a barrage of natural medicine and such, but upon waking Monday morning at 7 AM, I knew something was off. I called a taxi and made a break for the nearest hospital. After a short wait, I saw a physician/nurse/something of the sort, and she notified me that I would need to get blood drawn and she said some other stuff in Spanish which I did not comprehend in my delirious state of fever/plague. Being in such a state, I completely forgot to bring my camera and photograph the whole ordeal which turned out to be the worst part of the whole experience, I guess I'll just have to plan on making another trip back to urgent care sometime soon.

Then this lady decided to take some blood, and I remebered that I'm deahtly afraid of needles, (it probably looked something like this, but my arm is not so ugly)

and while she was taking blood I told her I was dizzy, and next thing I know I woke up in a hospital bed after fainting with an IV in my Arm (again something like this, but not so feminine)

Then they threw me in a wheelchair and put some more fluid on the IV, and made me wait with a bunch of dying people in a room for my blood test results.(This was me, but I wasn't looking quite as fresh as this man.)

And finally after what seemed like an eternity, this nice doctor did some more quick tests, said a lot of things in Spanish, and told me I had an abscess or inflammation in my throat, which was making swallowing very painful, and told me I just needed to take a bunch of pills and drink fluids and rest. Then I left without having to pay a dime, and staggered home while picking up the meds on the way for a total of about 25 euro. Here is an acutal pic of all my meds, serious stuff indeed.

Then my roommate Irene decided to be my mom for the duration of my sickness and won't let me leave the confines of my bed. She makes me lemon and honey tea, chicken soup, Spanish hummus, fresh squeezed juices, and whatever I else I so demand.

Here are my roommates just in case anyone was wondering. Irene on the left who is my care taker, and her sister Arantza on the right, pictured in San Francisco.

I still think I had a a combination of Dengue/Meninigitus/Bubonic plague, but the good news is I'm still dying, but not at the rate I thought I was 2 days ago.

In other depressing news, my dog Sumi passed away 2 days ago at the ripe ago of 13, making it officially the worst day of my life in a long time. I cried to my friends/my mom/and my roommates. RIP Sumi.

Now that my life hit rock bottom, it can only get better, so I guess I have a lot to look forward to. XOXO

1 comment:

Sally Ashton said...

Dear, I'm so sorry about losing the pup. Big hugs from your Los Gatos mom- xoxo

ps. but glad your rate of dying has returned to normal.