Saturday, July 18, 2009

Greece(y) hair

About 8 days ago, my sister Cheyne arrived to spend a short vacation with me during which we spent a week in Greece. To keep with the theme of Greece/Grease, I decided to try out this new thing called not washing my hair for a week and let the Mediterranean act as a natural shampoo/conditioner. The results were as follows.

We first spent a few days in Barcelona in which we partook in all the typical tourist trap ceremonies.

I informed Cheyne prior to her arrival that it would not be neccesary to bring anything warm, and upon her arrival, the weather took a turn for the worse and decided to downpour for her first two days in the city.

Metro ride pt. 1

Trying to get back to nature at my favorite metro station in Barcelona.

A day at Sitges. First Speedo shot of my blog but definitely not the last.

I was a perfect fit for our room in Mykonos.
View from our room.
I always thought I was too tall/white/awkward to pull off a tank top. But I decided to go for it anyways.
I got lost in the maze of Mykonos, but at least I looked good while doing it.

There were copious amounts of adorable disease ridden cats on the island of Mykonos, and this one hiding in the wall takes the cake.
On our first day, we went to Paradise beach, which was breathtaking. Then the following day, we opted for Super Paradise beach which proved to be as original as it was true.

Lounging under the canopy, hiding from the sun.

Of course what would my blog be without a number of culinary delights.

Greek salad, and my personal favorite, spinach pies.

Mixed plate of Greek goodies including fried cheese.

Eggplant dip and Rocket salad.

We then went for a romantic getaway in Santorini, where we were constantly mistaken for a couple.

Francos in Faro.

Complete with Champagne.

We decided to play the part for awhile. (Hair, after 7 day Mediterranean treatment)

Our last sunset in Greece complete with a romantic dinner with my sugar mama.

Next up, Italy.

1 comment: