Sunday, September 28, 2008

Back to Blogging

It has been a little while since my last blog for I have been traveling in Italy. Highlights include food/biking, Lowlights include Ryanair/tourists in Florence.

My first night in Bologna I went to an electronic music festival in a castle, then the next day I rode a bike around and then ate lots of food.

castle/music festival

me with bike next to an old canal/sewer

Bologna has more porticoes than any other city in the world, so practical

Bruschetta

Mushrooms, prosciutto and Brie


Then while James was at school, I climbed a mountain and a tower and then ate some chocolate

James going to school, Nicolo going to study

The top of the mountain
Tower in the center of town
Shady stairs of death
Top of the towerme with chocolate, I couldn't stop eating it and then I got a stomach ache but didn't regret it

Next I checked out some graffiti

Then I decided to go to Florence, cause every American in Italy goes there.

I felt oddly at home in Florence, but then I realized it was only because there were more Americans there than Italians

Detail shot of a painting in the Uffizi, I didn't know heaven was full of fat babies who have yet to be potty trained

As I wandered the streets of Florence, I ran into an old friend

We got some old couple from Ventura to take this picture

Cat with lots of dandruff
End

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Aaron
what's up with all the cats, Italy is so pretty, I like it alot. you really ran into people from ventura? love mom

Liz said...

Hey Aaron - You've inspired me to my 1st ever blog posting!! I LOVE the photos and the stories that go with them. Please keep them coming!!
XXOO
Aunt Liz

sally said...

Thanks for the photos of James, Aaron. I'm glad you're having a good time, oo. Granada looks fab and Frank and I will have to add it to our grand tour next spring sometime.
hasta luego. besitos besitos